Fruits For Diabetics? Not a Problem?

Discuss topics related type 2 diabetes. Here, you can ask questions, share experiences and learn from other people living with type 2 diabetes. Post all Your type ii diabetes related questions and get help from community

Ramola

Fruits For Diabetics? Not a Problem?

Postby Ramola » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:34 pm

As we know, fruits are full of carbohydrates. If so, Why is it allowed to eat fruits when they are full of carbohydrates? Are some fruits better to eat than others?

Kenny

Re: Fruits For Diabetics? Not a Problem?

Postby Kenny » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:04 am

Fruits are fine as long as you keep track of them like other foods. They are loaded with minerals, vitamins, and fiber that are healthy for you. You have to watch your portion size and make sure they are fresh and not canned in a lot of syrup.

Liz14

Postby Liz14 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:02 am

Fruit is naturally quite high in sugars and fruit will typically have more carbohydrate than non-starchy vegetables. Some fruits are more sugary than others. You may find therefore that you need to choose smaller portions of certain fruits depending on your blood glucose levels.

Liz14

Postby Liz14 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:47 am

Kenny wrote:Fruits are fine as long as you keep track of them like other foods. They are loaded with minerals, vitamins, and fiber that are healthy for you. You have to watch your portion size and make sure they are fresh and not canned in a lot of syrup.

Thank you for your suggestions Kenny.

Liz14

Postby Liz14 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:56 am

I like fruits very much. So I am planning to include this in my diet as Kenny said.

Return to “Type 2 Diabetes”