Stem Cell therapy for Type 1 Diabetes?

Discussion on health related issues specific to Type 1 diabetes. A place for people with type 1 diabetes to discuss questions related to type1 in striving to achieve blood sugar control.

Walter

Stem Cell therapy for Type 1 Diabetes?

Postby Walter » Tue May 31, 2016 5:40 am

I have seen many of my friends who are suffering from type 1 diabetes. I would like to know the latest developments in type 1 diabetes and recently come across stem cell therapy. Is stem cell therapy is a reliable one to cure type 1 diabetes? Has it been successfully treated using this method? IF so can i get more details as to how much this therapy costs, who are the best available doctors and which countries are following this practice.

Tommy More

Re: Stem Cell therapy for Type 1 Diabetes?

Postby Tommy More » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:01 pm

There are different types of stem cells, each with its importance in diseases treated with stem cells
Stem cells are of two types:
Hematopoietic - blood cell formation responsible for: white blood cells, red blood cells and platelets.
Mesenchymal - they give birth to other types of cells: cartilage; bone, muscle; interstitial; Grasse; skin, nerve, etc).
Precisely because they differentiate into cells of various kinds, and diseases treated with two different types of stem cells, as follows:
Hematopoietic stem cell treatment is essential in a wide range of about 80 haematological (blood), hereditary and oncological
Mesenchymal stem cells can treat diseases such as cirrhosis, type 1 diabetes, bone fractures, multiple sclerosis, stroke, severe burns, etc.

I think lately in any country can make such transplants at various prices.

Olga k

Stem Cell therapy for Type 1 Diabetes

Postby Olga k » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:57 am

One girl I know went to russia to have the treatment and it helped a lot, alhamdulillah.

I have type 1 diabetes too, but I dont think that I will have the treatment, at least for now. Maybe someday when its cheaper and easier, so that I wont have to go to russia
Attachments
279.gif
279.gif (3.1 KiB) Viewed 1523 times

Return to “Type 1 Diabetes”