Healthy Eating Tips

Discussion forum on healthy diabetic diet tips, questions and answers on diabetic diet.

Tiffany

Healthy Eating Tips

Postby Tiffany » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:51 am

I always try to eat as healthy as possible. What are some tips you can give me that would help me with this goal. Everyone is always saying eat healthier, so now I would like to know the best way to go about doing it.

Nate

Re: Healthy Eating Tips

Postby Nate » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:34 am

I think a good tip for you is to watch your portion sizes. Nowadays everyone is so used to super sizing everything and that just isn't healthy. Try to downsize anything that you would consider unhealthy like fats, sugars, grains, fried food, etc., and up size the more healthy foods like vegetables, fruits, whole grains, etc.

Kenny

Postby Kenny » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:48 am

One good thing to get in the habit of doing is rating your plate of food. What you are trying to do is give your plate a high rating of healthy foods. If you are leaning towards an unhealthy rating by having too much sugar, or fatty foods, substitute them with healthier choices.

Jessi

Postby Jessi » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:20 pm

If you are going to have carbs, make sure they are nutritious. Get them from fruits, low fat dairy foods, whole grains, and even vegetables. You can still have sweets, you just need to be smarter about it, like snacking on a small portion of dark chocolate or yogurt.

Tiffany

Postby Tiffany » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:04 am

Thank you everybody for the great tips. I will definitely be taking all of this into consideration. A few of your ideas I was already doing like watching my portion sizes and rating my plate. Keep the tips coming.

MariaGordon

Postby MariaGordon » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:25 pm

While exercise is important, what you eat has the biggest impact on weight loss and controlling diabetes. But a diabetic diet doesn’t have to be complicated. Your nutritional needs are virtually the same everyone else, so no special foods are necessary. You just need to pay attention to some of your food choices—most notably the carbohydrates you eat.

scarletChel1

Postby scarletChel1 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:49 am

I think we should follow a balanced diet with the help of expert guidance to avoid unnecessary complications. Our main goal is to control our diabetes so that we have to limit the intake of sugar, high-fat food, etc. drink lots of water and food with high fiber content in your diet. Exercise should be a part of your life. There are associations which are providing several diabetic care programs. Be a part of them. I'm getting tips from the program conducted by a well-known clinic in Toronto.

Return to “Diabetic Diet”