Acupuncture treatment: Is this good for diabetics?

Discuss topics related type 2 diabetes. Here, you can ask questions, share experiences and learn from other people living with type 2 diabetes. Post all Your type ii diabetes related questions and get help from community

Liz14

Acupuncture treatment: Is this good for diabetics?

Postby Liz14 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi, I heard that acupuncture treatment is effective for diabetes. One of my friends is trying this treatment. She explained all the details on this. This treatment is used for treating type 1 and type 2 diabetes. I am suffering from type 2 diabetes. So I searched on this. I came to know that it may reduce pain by controlling the sugar levels. This is achieved by stimulating endorphin through acupuncture. Endorphins are hormones that trigger positive feelings in your body and also block feelings of pain. It may also help to reduce sugar levels. Currently, I am taking treatment for diabetes. Actually, I am fed up with the diets and medicines. I would like to change to some other treatments. If it is effective, I am thinking to switch to this. My friend is consulting (https://www.physiomed.ca/treatments/acupunture/)a clinic in Toronto for acupuncture treatment. She has suggested this clinic to me. But before taking the treatment, I want to know the experience of others who have already taken this treatment. Please share your views and help me.

Return to “Type 2 Diabetes”