What is Diabetes and How did i get it?

Discussion forum on information on issues surrounding diabetes, help on related diabetes signs and symptoms, questions and answers from community

Rita

What is Diabetes and How did i get it?

Postby Rita » Sat May 28, 2016 11:00 am

I am recently diagnosed with diabetes and i know that there is no cure but i have to maintain a healthy diet to control it. I am still unable to understand how did i get diabetes as i don't take any fat foods? Is it a common problem that can occur to anybody without having gender difference? Since i am a diabetic, I would like to help others by posting it here to get more information on it so that others would benefit by taking precautionary measures.

Susan

Re: What is Diabetes and How did i get it?

Postby Susan » Sat May 28, 2016 11:02 am

Diabetes occurs for a number of reasons, but the ultimate cause of the high blood sugar that characterizes the illness is a mixture of resistance and insulin deficiency of the body tissues to its activities or either deficiency of the hormone insulin. In response to food intake, insulin is released by specialized cells in the pancreas and is essential for sufficient numbers of glucose and other nutrients from food to be consumed into certain tissues of the body. The body resists its actions or when insulin is lacking, the amount of glucose in the blood becomes excessively high and diabetes is diagnosed.

The difference in the equilibrium between the two characterizes the two leading forms of diabetes - Type 1 and Type 2. Whatever the form of diabetes, its basis is to some extent, hereditary reasons. The contribution that is hereditary is less or more continuous throughout recent human evolution. It truly is the external element that has changed markedly over the last 100 years, leading to the dramatic rise in the frequency of diabetes in almost all societies. You grown diabetes because either you are strongly predisposed due to hereditary reasons or because there are factors in your lifestyle and surroundings (such as gaining weight, getting insufficient exercise, taking certain drugs) that raise the chance of diabetes or, as is generally the case, a mix of both. That is not all bad, because the environment and lifestyle can often be changed, with dramatic improvement.

Tommy More

Re: What is Diabetes and How did i get it?

Postby Tommy More » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:57 am

Diabetes occurs when the body does not produce enough insulin or does not use properly. In people with diabetes glucose instead of being used as nutrients by the cells remain in the blood (blood sugar increase) and can be excreted in the urine (glycosuria). The pancreas secretes a hormone through the endocrine side favoring the entry of glucose into cells and use them as the main energy source. Thus, blood glucose level decreases. So, insulin is the only one hormone hypoglycemic. The absence or lowering its secretion leads to increased blood sugar

Return to “General Diabetes”