Top 5 Herbal Teas For Diabetics

Discussion forum on healthy diabetic diet tips, questions and answers on diabetic diet.

Tiffany

Postby Tiffany » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:13 pm

Herbal teas have always been the healthy drink of choice for many people all over the world. Here is a list of the top five that are the best for diabetics.

1. Ginseng Tea

It is an energy enhancer that will help fight fatigue. It also increases sensitivity of blood sugar to insulin.

2. Dandelion Tea

This has been around for over a thousand years and was used to cure colds. It helps lower glucose to moderate levels.

3. Green Tea

Green tea has a lot of antioxidant chemicals that help reduce your risk of cancer. It slows the conversion of carbohydrates and may also help prevent sticky deposits that can harden your arteries.

4. Licorice Tea

Licorice has been used for over 5,000 years for treating respiratory problems and sore throat. It may also help with cataracts.

5. Black Tea

This will help control blood sugar levels and enrich your blood.

Jessi

Re: Top 5 Herbal Teas For Diabetics

Postby Jessi » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:30 pm

I have been drinking green tea for most of my adult life and I have to say that I'm glad I do. I never really got into the whole sugary soda thing growing up. My parents never really bought a lot of it anyways. Now I can look back and be thankful they didn't.

Tiffany

Re: Top 5 Herbal Teas For Diabetics

Postby Tiffany » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:01 am

I drink herbal tea all the time myself. I gave up things like sodas about ten years ago. I missed them at first, but then you get over it once you have a healthy substitute. I always have several of these teas on hand for a good variety.

PoMa k

Postby PoMa k » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:43 am

Ive seen many articles on giving tea to birds, for several purpose. Ive also seen many specialized bird teas. Its common to give it to Toucans, though I have heard it being given to other birds as well, parrots being commonly accustomed to drink it.

Ive even seen the same company that sells avian flight suits, sell specialized tea. Apparently, their tea helps give vitamins and nutrience in birds, to stay healthy. Ive also heard of people using herbal teas like chamomile, to calm birds that feel anxious.

So Im wondering if anyone here brews tea for their birds. Do you use a certain kind? I have a bunch of different herbal, non-caffeinated teas, and Im suddenly a little bit curious, on what I may use for my birds I say birds, because Im considering my parents pionus, as well. If you do use it, what is your experience with tea and birds?

Return to “Diabetic Diet”