Tofu And Green Bean Stir Fry

Discussion on Diabetic foods that are gluten free

Kenny

Tofu And Green Bean Stir Fry

Postby Kenny » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:06 am

Here is a healthy gluten free stir fry that will leave your taste buds jumping. I've made this on a few occasions and it has always been a hit.

1 lb green beans, cut into one inch pieces
1/4 cup gluten free Tamari
1 lb extra firm tofu
2 tablespoons gluten free chili garlic sauce
2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp oil, divided

Combine tamari with the chili garlic sauce and set aside. Cut tofu into 1/2 inch cubes, pat dry and put it into a mixing bowl with cornstarch. Toss to coat.

Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet, add half the tofu in an even layer. Cook tofu for 2 minutes, then gently flip and stir. Continue to cook and stir until it is lightly golden brown on all sides, three to four minutes. Remove tofu and set aside. Heat 1 more tablespoon of oil and cook remaining tofu the same way. Then remove.

On medium heat, add remaining oil and green beans. Cook and stir for one minute. Add 1/4 cup of water and continue to cook beans for three minutes or until they are crisp and tender. On high heat, add the sauce mixture and boil for one minute. Add tofu and cook for one minute. Then serve.

Jessi

Re: Tofu And Green Bean Stir Fry

Postby Jessi » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:20 am

I haven't made a stir fry in quite a while so this really peaked my interest. I don't really eat tofu that much, but this recipe sounded really good. Thanks for sharing it, I will give it a try soon.

Nate

Re: Tofu And Green Bean Stir Fry

Postby Nate » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:20 am

I love making stir fry. I make them all the time. If I have a lot of things in the fridge that need to be cleaned out I make a stir fry. This recipe looked good so I will give it a go the next time I pick up some tofu.

Return to “Gluten Free Diet”